Any public record request may be made at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department:
- In person, by visiting the Records Division, located at 1300 West Broward Blvd. The Records Division is open to the public Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Closed each Wednesday and Sunday.
- By phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the Records Division phone line at 954-828-5465.
- By email at PublicRecords@fortlauderdale.gov
If you are seeking copies of Police Department records other than general police reports / incident reports please contact the Public Records Office at PublicRecords@fortlauderdale.gov or by phone at 954-828-5924.
The following meet the criteria for a public records request:
- Large volume of documents
- Internal Affair/Personnel records
- Crime Grids
Single sided copies (per page): $.15
Research and redaction fee: Hourly labor charge plus copy fee if applicable
Photograph/Video or Audio Tape Duplication: $5.00 per disk
Grid Search: Hourly labor charges plus copy fee
**Any request for 911 communications is handled by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Please contact the Audio Evidence Unit at 954-321-4302